Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 4

Respect is mutual; mutual respect is the basic courtesy of human interaction.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 19-2-2024 12:54:06 | Show all posts |Read mode
Today, let's talk about respect. Respect is not a one-way street. Just because you show respect to others doesn't mean they have to treat you politely in return. When you encounter someone disrespectful, don't bother being overly polite with them; otherwise, you're just making yourself uncomfortable. Am I right? When faced with someone who disrespects you, if you try to be polite, they might just throw shade at you. "Hot face, cold butt" is not an exaggeration; it has a touch of reality, so don't call me bitter.

If it weren't for a particular incident, I wouldn't feel this way. There was this person, more of a colleague, always acting superior and ordering me around. I endured it for a while, thinking I should be respectful and accommodating, especially since we need to get along at work. But what happened? The more I tolerated, the more he took advantage, even saying I had spoiled him like a soft tomato. It got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore, and I finally stood up to him.

Isn't this just being foolish? You're polite to someone, and they treat you like this. If you endure it, you become a pushover. Regardless of whether it's a colleague, friend, or family member, there should be a limit. If you respect someone, they should respect you back; it's not too much to ask for, just basic human interaction.

Don't think I'm complaining; I just want to say that there are some people in this world who need a reality check. You're polite, and they take advantage; you get angry, and they give you a dirty look. In such cases, I have no choice but to fight back, to make them reflect on who's really being foolish. In short, respect is mutual. When you encounter someone who disrespects you, don't be overly polite; hit back directly. It's not being foolish; it's about showing them some backbone.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 19-2-2024 14:20:53 | Show all posts
This is also something that people need to understand about human relations.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 19-2-2024 17:46:23 | Show all posts
Mutual respect is definitely a given.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 19-2-2024 21:09:51 | Show all posts
Respect is also conditional; some people simply don't understand it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 19-2-2024 21:10:15 | Show all posts
Whether others respect you or not, and whether you choose to retaliate, is ultimately a matter of personal freedom.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list