Reply: 4

Marcus Smart reveals what aspect of Celtics trade still bothers him

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 20-2-2024 12:41:09 | Show all posts |Read mode
On February 5th, in the NBA regular season, the Grizzlies faced the Celtics on the road. This marked Marcus Smart's first game back in Boston since being traded last summer. Before the game, Smart was interviewed and once again discussed the trade.

"The trade did hurt me, but not as much as I had imagined," Smart said. "I understand the business, and I understand this league. Even today, I'm still telling people that if it were me, I would make the same business decision. All I asked for was that they could have told me earlier or just had a simple chat like, 'Hey, you've been here for 9 years, we just want to let you know what's going on.' That would have been perfect. Ultimately, I'm a businessman too, so that's where the real hurt came from."

"Now that it's all said and done, I hold no ill will towards this team, my teammates, or the coaching staff. I love everyone in Boston, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to play basketball with them," Smart continued.

"I mean, when you're so close to something, you have to plan your exit strategy in advance. Anyone in this position would find it hard to understand, but at the end of the day, that doesn't stop my love for these people. They are completely deserving, which is why I say I'll be ecstatic for their success because they work just as hard as I do and deserve the accolades," Smart concluded.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 20-2-2024 12:48:41 | Show all posts
This is business.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 20-2-2024 17:00:54 | Show all posts
Come on, the sun, it suits you so well.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 20-2-2024 23:11:51 | Show all posts
You will definitely come back.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 20-2-2024 23:15:18 | Show all posts
Having one city to oneself can only be the honor of the leader; others don't deserve it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list