Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 4

The fact that Leicester City, once champions in a miraculous season.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-9-2023 20:42:20 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Kabir903 at 2023-9-15 11:44

"I've always wanted to talk about the story of Leicester City. Actually, Leicester City is a team I quite like. When they were on the brink of relegation in the final round, I hoped it would be Everton that got relegated instead of Leicester City. But in the end, it didn't go as I wished. Why do I like Leicester City?

Well, if you know the story of Leicester City, I believe no one could dislike them. Their story is probably one of the most unique football fairy tales in this era of big money football.

Ever since Roman Abramovich took over Chelsea, modern football officially entered the era of big spending. Chelsea bought many top players and transformed into a strong contender for titles from 2005 onwards. At that time, one of the Premier League's dominant forces, Arsenal, couldn't compete with teams like Chelsea due to financial constraints. So, they failed to win the Premier League title since 2003/2004, coinciding with Chelsea's rise.

Later, Manchester City, with the takeover by a Middle Eastern billionaire, became the dominant force in the Premier League. Manchester United, although financially capable, struggled due to poor ownership and management after Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement. In this backdrop of big money football, Leicester City achieved the impossible by winning the 2015/2016 Premier League without significant investments.

That year, the Foxes won the league, benefiting from top teams' underperformance. Arsenal had a history of faltering, and the big clubs struggled. Leicester City managed to win numerous matches with 1-0 scorelines. Although fans of the top clubs were frustrated with their team's poor performances, nobody could deny Leicester City's victory. They displayed incredible resilience and team spirit that season. It seemed like fate conspired to create a Leicester City miracle, and the final outcome was unforgettable. Who wouldn't like such a miracle?

The miracle of Leicester City, winning the league as underdogs, is likely an unrepeatable feat. With the concentration of resources in top clubs today, it's even harder for non-elite teams to compete in terms of attraction and financial strength. So, Leicester City's miracle should remain one of a kind."

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-9-2023 20:45:20 | Show all posts
I used to really like this team too. It's just unfortunate that relegation can be so cruel.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-9-2023 21:08:58 | Show all posts
Although they were relegated, I believe that one day they will make a return to the Premier League. Let's keep our eyes peeled for that.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-9-2023 21:46:29 | Show all posts
I really feel a little regretful.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits