Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 2

Why is decentralized storage platform so crucial?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 10-3-2024 20:34:34 | Show all posts |Read mode
NFTs and the metaverse are indeed attention-grabbing, but where exactly are these data stored? Have you overlooked the technical support behind them, merely paying attention to marketing tactics? I believe there is still much misunderstanding about NFTs, with many people unaware of where their data is actually stored. Typically, this data is stored on vulnerable platforms or platforms that creators can freely modify or alter. Personally, I find this experience inferior to collecting physical artwork because no one can enter my home and alter the paintings on my walls.

These tokenized assets must be stored on platforms that can guarantee immutable and persistent data to their owners, and these platforms cannot be controlled by any single centralized institution. Simple payment models and Arweave-based solutions offer the most convenient options.

It all began with ArDrive and a simple goal: to make permanent storage accessible to everyone. As an enterprise architect, I have extensive experience with document management and collaboration platforms like OneDrive for Business. In the summer of 2020, I resigned to found ArDrive, an easy-to-use application that allows users to upload, download, and share their public or private files on Arweave. Through the Arweave Open Web Incubator, I was able to promote myself and the app, securing early-stage funding.

As the team and product evolved, by the end of 2021, we saw more opportunities in the second-layer infrastructure of Arweave, particularly Arweave Gateways. This was an area underdeveloped, as it constituted a centralized and potentially censorable part of the permaweb experience. Therefore, we envisioned a new gateway network that is open, easily deployable, and incentivized by tokens. We introduced some new features, such as ArNS, and have been working diligently towards its full release ever since.

Overall, it has been a natural progression, undergoing several truly strategic shifts, and so far, we consider it very successful.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 10-3-2024 20:54:29 | Show all posts
It seems there is also an idealistic aspect to it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 10-3-2024 20:54:31 | Show all posts
This is still quite crucial.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list