Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 2

A Brighton fan discusses the clash with Roma fans.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 20-3-2024 17:45:46 | Show all posts |Read mode
On March 12th, it was reported that two Brighton fans who had arrived in Rome for the Europa League round of 16 match against Roma were robbed and stabbed by masked attackers. Andy Le Guin was one of the fans, and he recently spoke to The Athletic about the incident.

A Brighton football fan named Andy Le Guin was stabbed in the buttocks during a clash with aggressive Roma fans, and later spent a night in the hospital. His passport, credit cards, and money were all stolen. Another Brighton fan who was attacked suffered more severe injuries, requiring 10 stitches in his leg.

Le Guin said, "We weren't wearing club colors or making noise. We had a few drinks, which probably made us seem like easy targets."

"We weren't always vigilant," he added. "To me, they seemed to appear out of nowhere. We had walked about a kilometer, and as soon as I turned around, I saw a group of masked individuals. There were seven or eight of us in total, and I shouted something like 'For God's sake, run!' I and two other friends ran ahead, while two others ran behind. Since they weren't fighters, they were punched from behind."

"As I was running away, I realized 'I can't just leave them like this.' I began to fight back, but it didn't last long, as I was punched from behind and then stabbed," Le Guin continued.

"As I was fleeing, I saw my friend Jack being surrounded. They were trying to corner us, and I felt brave, so I kicked one of them, sending him flying out. Perhaps it was a foolish move."

"I'm not sure what prompted me to confront that guy, but I'm satisfied with my actions, Le Guin concluded. "I'm a martial arts enthusiast. I've been practicing jujitsu for several months and try to watch every MMA fight. I'm familiar with some basic self-defense techniques, which helped me a lot.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 20-3-2024 18:02:47 | Show all posts
Such fans are also rare to come by.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 20-3-2024 21:00:58 | Show all posts
Regardless, Brighton was still eliminated.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list